February is a rebel. Not only is it the shortest month, it trips us up every 4 years. February is infamous as the season of chocolate hearts and spikes in sappy card sales. But, itís also national bird-feeding month, the age of Aquarius... and possibly the month that the DA calendar features your artwork!
We heart you February. Good luck!
UPDATE: See the finished 2012 Hand-drawn calendar
. Now available or pre-order.
- Draw the entire calendar spread for February 2012, including artwork and the days of the week/dates.
- Feel free to design the layout anyway you like, just be sure to include some kind of blocks for the days and keep the fold area free of any text.
- Do it old school: use paint, a pen, marker, or colored pencil. NO vector art accepted.
- Scan it and BE SURE to save the art at hi-resolution (300dpi minimum), in the case you win, we'll need it to print the final calendar.
- Submit/Upload a JPG version of your artwork (no larger than 1mb) for voting.
- Upload your best art, because you only get one submission.
DEADLINE: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd (11AM EST)
The winner with the most votes will get their artwork featured on the February spread of DA's very first hand-drawn / illustrated calendar
! You will receive full credit, praise, and adorationónot to mention two copies of the calendar that you may barter, gift, or hoard all for yourself. We won't judge.
Voting is now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated.