Oh, December. We wait all year for you to get here. The family time, the gifts (yay, new pens!), the pies, the well-deserved time off from everything - it's a damn good month with lot to look forward to!
So let's celebrate the year by having one last epic DA calendar draw
! For this showcase, we're doing things a little different: The EDITORS OF DA will pick the winner from the top 5 drawings that you vote on.
So make it good and make us proud. Because we all want to go out with a bang, right?
UPDATE: See the finished 2012 Hand-drawn calendar
. Now available or pre-order.
- Draw the entire calendar spread for December 2012, including artwork and the days of the week/dates.
- Feel free to design the layout anyway you like, just be sure to include some kind of blocks for the days of the week.
- Do it old school: use paint, a pen, marker, or colored pencil. NO vector art accepted.
- Scan it and BE SURE to save the art at hi-resolution (300dpi minimum), in the case you win, we'll need it to print the final calendar.
- Submit/Upload a JPG version of your artwork (no larger than 2MB) for voting.
- Upload your best art, because you only get one submission.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th (4PM EST)
The winner will get their artwork featured on the December spread of DA's very first hand-drawn / illustrated calendar
! You will receive full credit, praise, and adoration—not to mention two copies of the calendar that you may barter, gift, or hoard all for yourself. We won't judge.
Voting is now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated.