August is American Artist appreciation month. It's a way to thank artists across all mediums for their inspiration and enrichment. Libraries, museums, and galleries throughout the Nation are hosting events to celebrate. Here's a chance to join the month's festivities. We're calling all DA members, whether on the mainland or across the pond, to participate in our 2012 calendar
. So, take the plunge. Doodle up August and submit. Your fanfare awaits...
UPDATE: See the finished 2012 Hand-drawn calendar
. Now available or pre-order.
- Draw the entire calendar spread for August 2012, including artwork and the days of the week/dates.
- Feel free to design the layout anyway you like, just be sure to include some kind of blocks for the days of the week.
- Do it old school: use paint, a pen, marker, or colored pencil. NO vector art accepted.
- Scan it and BE SURE to save the art at hi-resolution (300dpi minimum), in the case you win, we'll need it to print the final calendar.
- Submit/Upload a JPG version of your artwork (no larger than 2MB) for voting.
- Upload your best art, because you only get one submission.
DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, JULY 13th (4PM EST)
The winner with the most votes will get their artwork featured on the August spread of DA's very first hand-drawn / illustrated calendar
! You will receive full credit, praise, and adoration—not to mention two copies of the calendar that you may barter, gift, or hoard all for yourself. We won't judge.
Voting is now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated.