February's Calendar Draw
was a doozy, but your chance to be featured in the first DA illustrated calendar is back again!
It's April's turn. You have tax day, 4:20, Earth day, even Buddha's birthday. Draw something witty, draw something beautiful, draw something foolish. We don't care. Just make it good and you might just be April's featured artist.
UPDATE: See the finished 2012 Hand-drawn calendar
. Now available or pre-order.
Submissions are now open! Get to it.
- Draw the entire calendar spread for April 2012, including artwork and the days of the week/dates.
- Feel free to design the layout anyway you like, just be sure to include some kind of blocks for the days and keep the fold area free of any text.
- Do it old school: use paint, a pen, marker, or colored pencil. NO vector art accepted.
- Scan it and BE SURE to save the art at hi-resolution (300dpi minimum), in the case you win, we'll need it to print the final calendar.
- Submit/Upload a JPG version of your artwork (no larger than 1mb) for voting.
- Upload your best art, because you only get one submission.
DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6th (11AM EST)
The winner with the most votes will get their artwork featured on the April spread of DA's very first hand-drawn / illustrated calendar
! You will receive full credit, praise, and adoration—not to mention two copies of the calendar that you may barter, gift, or hoard all for yourself. We won't judge.
Voting is now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated.